The West Salem Insane Asylum was established in 1887, In the township of Hamilton Wisconsin. Commissioned by the La Crosse County's board of trustees, The institution originated as a 210 acre farm. La Crosse county's board of trustees was then and still remains a committee established to oversee general health care facilities in the county of La Crosse Wisconsin. 

The West Salem Insane Asylum has expanded from its original 210 acres, into a 550 acre farm. It has been known as the County hospital which it was referred to as of 1968, and more currently it has been acknowledged as the Lakeview Health Center. 

Pictured to the left is the front of a postcard that displays the La Crosse County Asylum for the Insane as its original foundation. 

Make a Free Website with Yola.